Saturday, January 24, 2015

New Year and Squats

We'll hello there... Welcome to my ramblings and hopefully you will enjoy 
So Istarted this blog with hopes that 2015 will be my happiest, healthiest and fittest yet! I'm going to keep myself in check by writing here and you get to come along for the ride!

I started 2015 by doing the Advocare 24 day challenge ( will review in my next post as I'm currently on day 19) but I realized just how unhealthy I had been when I thought I was healthy. The things I would eat and think of as a " treat" was pretty daily. After eating clean for almost 3 week I just feel better andno more afternoon crashes! 

I've also recommitted to my excercise routine, I've been running regularly for awhile now, last year I completed a full marathon ( my fourth) and 3 halfs but I've felt out of shape and wasn't happy with how my jeans fit. So I plan to mix it up this year and I have rediscovered my love of Les Mills Body Pump

About 5 years ago I was obsessed with BP and took a class 3Xs per week but then life got in the way and I stopped going. I really feel I was at my fittest when I went so I'm going to try to put it in my rotation atleast twice a week from now on..... I highly suggest checking out a class if you have one in your area!

BP also reaffirmed my love of squats, I'm not sure how many people can say that but my favorite part of the workout is the squat track ( which will hopefully lead me to a PR this year!)

Well off to Shovel since Boston is getting its first real storm of the winter which makes me wonder why I still live here! 






No comments:

Post a Comment